Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Worst Day

Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had in a very long time. To start it was snowing and the wind was bowing, not so bad if you can stay inside, however knowing that I had to work today, or at least was supposed to work, Jay and I took turns shoveling the drive way and when we had it clear I was content to start some long overdue laundry. too bad I had too many towels and burnt up the motor in the washing machine, So we were going to go to Jay parents to do some laundry, however the lovely wing decided to cover our freshly shoveled driveway with like 18inches of snow. Needless to stay we got stuck trying to leave and had to shovel our way out. Well after we finally got out and too his parents all was well, except oh wait, his grandparents Christmas party was last night, all well and good but scheduled at 7pm. Which is Paxtons birthday, so by 745 Paxton was soo tired that I had to go upstairs and put him to sleep. Of course the only way to do that when we are not at home is to sing to him and rock him. Great, done. But with nowhere to put him down I got to hold him and anytime I tried getting close to the party he would start waking up due to the noise, so I was stuck in the office all night. Yeah finally time to go home. Not so fast, the Idaho wind that I love soooooo much thought it necessary to dump all the snow from our ward and the one next door onto out driveway. Literally 3 feet of snow at the end of the driveway at 10pm, while in the meantime you could see the dirt in the yard. I felt like screaming. The weather forecast called for wind all night and not really being excited about spending an hour to yet again dig my way out I call into to work for today. Now all I have to do is figure a way to get the car back into the garage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that stinks... our weather hasn't been that bad but bad enough... Happy belated Birthday, Paxton... I was wondering when his birthday was... I could've sworn you and I delivered really close to each other....

shaunie said...

Happy Birthday Catherine! Hope you had a much better day than the one this post was about...the weather has been pretty crazy all over the place this year!